Breaded Deep Fried Tofu Served with Gochujang Remoulade Dipping Sauce
- Press tofu with a weight in a colander for 15 minutes, to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce.
- Place gochujang, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped garlic and chopped giardiniera in a bowl.
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Dice tofu.
- Wisk eggs or soy milk with salt and garlic powder.
- Place the cornstarch, eggs and bread crumbs each separately in 3 shallow plates.
- Dip each cube of tofu in starch first then eggs or soy milk and finish in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry at medium heat till golden brown for about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with gochujang remoulade dipping sauce.
Tips: For a vegan option eggs can be substituted with soy milk and for added flavor, feel free to add some chopped herbs to the bread crumbs. For a vegan option use vegan mayonnaise and vegan mustard.